ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] FW: TDP Flashcopy - restore to alternate location

2014-04-10 01:57:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] FW: TDP Flashcopy - restore to alternate location
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:55:29 +1000
More research and testing on the issue below seems to indicate that I have to
change the backup type from VSS to Legacy to fully enable the Restore Alternate
Location option on the target server.

Thanks & Regards
Paul

> We have TSM v6.3. On two Windows 2012 64bit servers we have the TDP Storage
> Flashcopy manager v3.2.1.0 client.
> Both of these servers run MS SQL Server 2012.
>
> I would like to restore databases backed up on one server to the other. The
> databases are backed up using the "tdpsqlc backup * full" command, which runs
> via Windows Task Scheduler.
> To restore databases backed up on one server to the other I first change the
> dsm.opt file in the TDPSql folder - making the nodename the node from which I
> am restoring the databases from.
> I then start the "DP for SQL Management Console" which in turn opens the TDP
> Storage Flashcopy manager window.
>
> My problem occurs when I select a database and then select "Restore Alternate
> Location". In the settings window I click on "Restore to a new database",
> however the option to relocate files individually is greyed out.
> When restoring from other servers when I click on Restore to a new database I
> see the green progress bar appear at the bottom of this settings window and
> then TSM displays the location of the database file and log file on the
> source server.
> This does not happen on this occasion.
>
> Is there a setting when trying to restore (or when backing up the original
> files) that has to be changed? There is an option to relocate all the files
> to one location however this is not suitable as the database file and log
> file need to be restored to different > drives.

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named add
ressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited. If you
received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail
from your s
ystem. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or
disclose its
 contents to any person.