ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL Server - restoring Database to another server (VSS Backup)

2014-04-10 00:43:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL Server - restoring Database to another server (VSS Backup)
From: Dhammika Rathnayake1 <dhrathna AT LK.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:06:29 +0530
Hi Francisco

 Thanks a lot!!!!

 Best Regards,
 Dhammika

From:   Francisco Parrilla <francisco.parrilla AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To:     ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
Date:   04/09/2014 08:25 PM
Subject:        Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL Server - restoring Database to another
            server (VSS Backup)
Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>

You can do both backups by the TDP for databases, but only legacy backup
can be restored to another server, VSS backup just can be restored at the
same server. If you try to issue a restore you can recover the database
files but never put online in SQL instance.

Best Regards