ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Client & TSM TDP for Database Pricing

2014-02-20 04:58:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Client & TSM TDP for Database Pricing
From: Chavdar Cholev <chavdar.cholev AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:55:06 +0200
Two options I can see:
1) Ask you IBM rep for sub-capacity licensing for TDP for DB
2) You can use:
-> oracle to dump DB some where and after that to backup this dump with
backup archive client ( I
-> MS SQL -> crate maintenance plan to backup DB on disk and again
backup this dump to TSM with backup-archive client

I personally will not recommend opt. 2) because there are some
disadvantages and would require additional storage space..

HTH
Chavdar