ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] [FYI] IBM information centers transition to IBM Knowledge Center

2014-02-20 11:51:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] [FYI] IBM information centers transition to IBM Knowledge Center
From: Angela Robertson <aprobert AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:46:24 -0500
Today technical documentation for IBM hardware and software offerings is
published in unconnected information centers. Content is moving to an
integrated environment where you can access all IBM documentation from one
site called IBM Knowledge Center (www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter).

Sometime between early March to mid April (my apologies for not having a
specific date available - this is the window of dates that I have today),
the information centers will redirect to IBM Knowledge Center. If you want
to use IBM Knowledge Center today, you can go to
www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter. Not all content is indexed for search
yet. All content will be indexed for search by time the information centers
redirect to IBM Knowledge Center.

The downloadable information centers that are available today are not going
away. The URL for the downloadable information center is not affected by
the IBM Knowledge Center.

Also, I created pages on the TSM wiki for the 5.5 and 6.1 PDFs. Here are
the links:

TSM 5.5 PDFs -
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager/page/PDF%20versions%20of%20the%20IBM%20Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager%20Version%205.5.x%20documentation

TSM 6.1 PDFs -
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager/page/PDF%20versions%20of%20the%20IBM%20Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager%20Version%206.1.x%20documentation

There are a few ways to learn more about IBM Knowledge Center:
      Read an overview posted on the developerWorks site at

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/IBMElectronicSupport/entry/kc_beta_20140117?lnk=uctug_ibmesa_ibmcom_2014-01-17_kc_beta_20140117_mte
      View a YouTube video that I recorded at
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55_FZjk8XE
      Go directly to IBM Knowledge Center. Link to the TSM content:
      www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/

If you want to provide feedback about IBM Knowledge Center, you can take
the survey posted at
https://www-304.ibm.com/software/support/trial/cst/forms/survey.wss?id=5323.

If you want more videos posted, let me know. I want the transition from
information centers to IBM Knowledge Center to be a smooth transition so I
value the feedback that you provide. I'll respond as quickly as possible.
Angela

Angela Robertson
IBM Software Group
Durham, NC 27703