ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Recover Archived Data from Tapes without Catalog

2013-12-11 14:23:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Recover Archived Data from Tapes without Catalog
From: Michael Prix <mp AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:20:26 +0100
Hello Nora,

you're not telling us the version of the TSM-Server on the broken Solaris System. If it is a Version 5 Server, there is the possibility to migrate the TSM-DB to Linux and thus preserving the data in the library for further use.

This is possible with TSM 7.1, have a look into the Upgrade-Guide.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards

Michael Prix