ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM DB to different OS server

2013-12-03 16:16:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM DB to different OS server
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 13:14:29 -0800
I believe the platform must be the same on both the source and target end
of the database restore[1].

As an alternative to a database restore, you could use EXPORT NODE either
directly or via removable sequential media.

[1]
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/topic/com.ibm.itsm.srv.doc/t_db_move_new_loc.html

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 12:23:12PM -0800, Nora wrote:
> Hello,
> We currently have a TSM instance running on a Solaris x86 machine, and we
> would like to migrate it to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. But we are
> wondering if we can restore the orginal TSM database to the other server
> running a different OS (Linux)?
> If it is not possible, how can we migrate all data in our archival storage
> pool (120 GB only) to from the old TSM instance running on Solaris to the new
> TSM instance on Linux?

> |This was sent by noranasr AT adma DOT ae via Backup Central.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354