ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Is it possible to encrypt a Hyper-V VM backup?

2013-12-02 14:56:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Is it possible to encrypt a Hyper-V VM backup?
From: "Storer, Raymond" <storerr AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 19:54:14 +0000
Adrian, I don't know if any client-side encryption options for the standard TSM
client work when doing Hyper-V backups or not. If they do, you can find
information about them on page 359 of the TSM for Windows Backup Archive Client
6.4 user's guide
(http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r4/topic/com.ibm.itsm.client.doc/b_ba_guide_win.pdf).
 If that is not an option, you could try an IPsec tunnel between the client and
the server.

Ray Storer
NIBCO INC.
574.295.3457