ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSMVE - Two stgpools

2013-07-10 14:47:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSMVE - Two stgpools
From: "Ehresman,David E." <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:43:36 +0000
In my environment, I have storage pools that are replicated to our DR site and
other storagepools that are not.

I'm setting up a TSMVE environment for our vmware farm.  We have about 300 VMs
spread across 8 host servers.  I currently have 8 data movers set up, one per
host server, and things are backing up nicely.

Now I've been given the task of breaking the TSMVE backups roughly in half,
sending half of the to a storagepool that is replicated and the other half to a
storagepool that is not.  I am currently using the VMHOST parm to direct each
of my data movers to backup all the VMs on one host.

Any suggestions on how to best set the schedules for this so I have two data
servers for each host, one that uses the replicated storagepool and the other
that uses the non-replicated one?

David Ehresman
University of Louisville