ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] archiving problem

2013-05-14 11:11:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] archiving problem
From: "Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:08:32 +0000
We are working on illuminating our netapp storage system.

There are six top level volders which the users of this storage wish archived
before it goes away.

We do not have any tsm connections to the netapp directly.

I would like to use an existing server to archive the folders via UNC path.
However, I am told by our windows admins that the system user may not have
access to these network resources.

Windows drive mappings are tied to specific user logins, so they do not appear
to be a good solution.
Seeking the collective wisdom of the group to solve this one.

Can you archive via UNC path?  If so , how to make it schedulable, and
retrievable after the netapp has gone away?

Thanks for any suggestions.