ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Second full DB backup triggered while first was still underway

2013-03-22 16:42:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Second full DB backup triggered while first was still underway
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 20:38:36 +0000
Could the active log also be filling because the archive log was full?
There are known issues with DB backup triggers in 6.2.2.  (although we're
Windows, I think the problem is the same)

We've seen cases where the server would just fire db backup after db backup
after dbbackup, because the active log was getting full.
As the db backup doesn't clear the active log anyway, it was pointless.
That's fixed in 6.2.5, we haven't seen it since the upgrade.