ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm windows 2003 physical server restore to vmware

2012-11-16 08:36:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm windows 2003 physical server restore to vmware
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:27:40 -0500
> I doubt you have the time to do all the things Andy mentioned.

But I stand by my "test, revise, test" advice, regardless of the
solution! :-)))

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2012-11-16
08:18:25:

> From: Kenneth Bury <kenbury1 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 2012-11-16 08:19
> Subject: Re: tsm windows 2003 physical server restore to vmware
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> The best thing to do is to make the investment in TBMR. The product is
> designed and supported to do exactly what you described with no
> special infrastructure or changes to TSM required. TBMR does the bare
metal
> recovery  adjusts the Windows OS to make sure all the drivers and
> preconditions are met and then puts back the TSM backup. I doubt you have
> the time to do all the things Andy mentioned.
> http://www.cristie.com/products/disaster-recovery/tbmr/windows/
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Andrew Raibeck <storman AT us.ibm DOT com>
wrote:

> > As I like to say: Try it and see!
> >
> > I do not speak for Microsoft, but my understanding is that if you run
into
> > a problem that is OS related, they might provide "best effort"
assistance
> > at best.
> >
> > Having said that, the best chance for this to work is to ensure that
VMware