ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm windows 2003 physical server restore to vmware

2012-11-16 08:22:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm windows 2003 physical server restore to vmware
From: Kenneth Bury <kenbury1 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:18:25 -0500
The best thing to do is to make the investment in TBMR. The product is
designed and supported to do exactly what you described with no
special infrastructure or changes to TSM required. TBMR does the bare metal
recovery  adjusts the Windows OS to make sure all the drivers and
preconditions are met and then puts back the TSM backup. I doubt you have
the time to do all the things Andy mentioned.
http://www.cristie.com/products/disaster-recovery/tbmr/windows/

--
Ken Bury