ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] database backup and dr plans

2012-08-23 07:57:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] database backup and dr plans
From: Tim Brown <tbrown AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:37:09 -0400
I had tried that prior and couldn’t get it working, I revisited it and now it
is.
Thanks to java, Juan Valdez version.

But when the process is running it states

    PROCESS_NUM: 1093
        PROCESS: Database Backup
     START_TIME: 2012-08-23 07:17:08.000000
FILES_PROCESSED: 7016
BYTES_PROCESSED: 29305165541
         STATUS: TYPE=FULL in progress. Bytes backed up: 4,209 MB. Current
                  output volume(s): TSMNBG.DBV.345721035.

and the files get stored in the target server as .bfs

Is this normal, how could one recover from these if needed.

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct   Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util   Status
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----  --------
D:\DBBACKUP\TSMPOK\0000-  POKDB        NBGCLASS        2.0 G  100.0    Full
 09E6.BFS
D:\DBBACKUP\TSMPOK\0000-  POKDB        NBGCLASS        2.0 G  100.0    Full
 09E7.BFS
D:\DBBACKUP\TSMPOK\0000-  POKDB        NBGCLASS        2.0 G  100.0    Full
 09E8.BFS
D:\DBBACKUP\TSMPOK\0000-  POKDB        NBGCLASS        2.0 G   17.4  Filling

A q content shows TSMNBG.DBV.345721035 in 000009e7.bfs

tsm: TSMNBG_SERVER1>q content 000009e7.bfs

Node Name        Type  Filespace   FSID  Client's Name for File
                       Name
---------------  ----  ----------  ----  --------------------------------------
TSMPOK           Arch  ADSM.SERV-     1  ADSM/TSMNBG.DBV.345720835DBV.OBJ.1
                        ER
TSMPOK           Arch  ADSM.SERV-     1  ADSM/TSMNBG.DBV.345720883DBV.OBJ.1
                        ER
TSMPOK           Arch  ADSM.SERV-     1  ADSM/TSMNBG.DBV.345720931DBV.OBJ.1
                        ER
TSMPOK           Arch  ADSM.SERV-     1  ADSM/TSMNBG.DBV.345720981DBV.OBJ.1
                        ER
TSMPOK           Arch  ADSM.SERV-     1  ADSM/TSMNBG.DBV.345721035DBV.OBJ.1
                        ER

Thanks,

Tim