ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] database backup and dr plans

2012-08-22 11:44:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] database backup and dr plans
From: Tim Brown <tbrown AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:56:49 -0400
We currently have a 2 site TSM system, primary with secondary replicated.

The primary has disk storage pools first drop, primary storage second drop

as device type file and lto copy storage pools. We backup the database also

to a file device type. The replicated site just has primary storage as device

type file but without a copy storage pool.

Is there a way to backup the primary TSM DB  directly to the recovery server.

Is there a way to have the plan files sent to the other server , I attempted
via mapped

drives but since the TSM service uses local system it could not write to the
mapped location.

I know I can do it using  a batch file outside of TSM.

Can TSM stack multiple TSM backups on one LTO tape or is it one tape per backup.

Thanks,

Tim Brown
Supervisor Computer Operations

Central Hudson Gas & Electric
284 South Ave
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Email:  <mailto:tbrown AT cenhud DOT com> tbrown AT cenhud DOT com <<
<mailto:tbrown AT cenhud DOT com> mailto:tbrown AT cenhud DOT com>>
Phone: 845-486-5643
Fax: 845-486-5921
Cell: 845-235-4255

"This message contains confidential information and is only for the intended
recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this note and
deleting all copies and attachments."