ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] how to restore files from TSM backup tapes w/o TSM db

2012-07-20 13:59:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] how to restore files from TSM backup tapes w/o TSM db
From: kcheung4 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:10:13 -0700
Hi all,
    We had a monthly backup job in our TSM system and the data must be kept
forever without purging the TSM database.  Recently, we found that we couldn't
restore some users' database in 2010.  During the troubleshooting process, we
further found that some users' backup records for 2008, 2009, 2010 were missing
in TSM database.  We reported the case to IBM and they said that the data could
not be restored without a health TSM database.

We have all monthly backup tapes on-hand.  Would you all kindly advise me how
to restore the files in the monthly backup tapes without using the TSM database?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
KK