ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Dev Class type FILE with multiple directories

2011-11-14 11:47:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Dev Class type FILE with multiple directories
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:41:10 -0500
Ian,
The Technote says, "When predefining volumes, the Tivoli Storage Manager server
will use all of the volumes in one directory before using the volumes in
another directory."
Here is the example:
----------------
7) Sort list of empty volumes alphabetically: List appears as
c:\00000000.BFS
c:\00000002.BFS
c:\00000004.BFS
d:\00000001.BFS
d:\00000003.BFS
d:\00000005.BFS

8) Begin filling volumes in the order of the list from step 7.
----------------

To the contrary, my experience is that predefined volumes are used in this
order:
c:\00000000.BFS
d:\00000001.BFS
c:\00000002.BFS
d:\00000003.BFS
c:\00000004.BFS
d:\00000005.BFS

My filesystems are not on NFS, although I didn't see anything in the Technote
stating it applies to NFS only.

Best wishes,
Keith