ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Any default encryption for TSM server??

2011-08-09 21:28:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Any default encryption for TSM server??
From: terrance <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:22:20 -0700
Conclude that the TSM encryption can categories by two types: 1)
Software/application layer encryption 2) Hardware layer encryption (Tape drive).

Question:
1) Does TSM has any data protection other than this two? Does TSM has default
encryption if we never configure any setting to enable the software/application
and there are no license key bought for hardware layer to do encryption?

2)If a software/application was configured or installed on the server, how can
we check it? (e.g Maybe there are some files or command able to show it and
please show me the way to check whether is the encryption enable or not to
protect the data)

3) Can you tell me where are these files and what are their content about:
    - TSM.PWD
    - Dsm.sys
    - Dsm.opt

And What do INCLUDE.ENCRYPT and EXCLUDE.ENCRYPT statements mean? Where are them?
And last question is which file content the encryptkey and encryptiontype
parameter?