ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Any default encryption for TSM server??

2011-08-10 04:05:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Any default encryption for TSM server??
From: terrance <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 01:00:33 -0700
can anyone tell me what is the step to restore the data from tape?
Let say that if the tape lost, even the catalog tape also lost together with it.
so any possible the outsider able to retrieve the data using both of the tape?

(as i know that the encryption key will store inside the catalog and backup to
a tape)<<(correct?)

is it the catalog only can retrieve by particular account inside a same TSM
server? so different TSM server different account and password. so do it make
sense that the outsider unable to retrieve data which different from the
original server?