ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Can't uninstall TSM client after OS upgrade

2011-03-28 13:36:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Can't uninstall TSM client after OS upgrade
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:34:31 -0400
Had a server Windows 2000 with the 5.3 client loaded. The OS was upgraded to
Windows 2003 SP2 and now I want to upgrade the client to a supported release
for the OS. Control panel add/remove programs and click uninstall of the
client and I get an error dialog that the "the operating system is not
adequate for running ibm tivoli storage manager client". Can't even
uninstall the thing! My Google searches haven't picked up anything that
matches. Anyone else seen these errors and know of a way around 'em?

WINVER.EXE shows I'm at Release 5.2 SP2 (Windows 2003)

TIA

Bill Boyer