ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: Tdp for lotus 5.4.2

2011-02-11 06:18:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Tdp for lotus 5.4.2
From: Lucian Greis <lgreis AT MKV DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:18:05 +0100
Hi there,

TDP documentation describes a process to restore .nsf databases to a
Domino-server different from that where the data originates.
I don't remember every detail, but at least you have to install a
Domino-server, leave it unconfigured (it CAN be started in this state) and
you have to install and configure TDP on the machine hosting the Domino.
Then you can target the databases to this unconfigured server via TDP
(domdsmc). Of cource, you need at least a Notes client to do something
meaningfull with what you retrieved. Most likely you will move the
restored databases to a target machine via filesystem transfer, since that
unconfigured Domino can't do anything usefull with the databases.
Be carefull when you inspect the docs - there is another process to
restore databases to a different domino-server in production, which is not
what you would like to do. Don't get confused with the two, they are very
different from each other.

Best regards,
Lucian