ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for Windows (2008 R2) client 6.2.2.0 and ForeFront 2010 upd.2

2011-02-11 09:07:07
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for Windows (2008 R2) client 6.2.2.0 and ForeFront 2010 upd.2
From: Rainer Holzinger <RainerHolzinger AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:05:55 +0100
Hello all,

I'm having 3 new Windwos 2008 R2 (64-bit) servers with TSM for Windows
cleitn version 6.2.2.0 installed.

The TSM clients are within a DMZ as well as the TSM servers. TSM client
acceptor daemon is implemented to manage the TSM cleitn scheduler as
well as the WEB client. On all three machines there is MS ForeFront 2010
upgrade 2 installed which is a MS firewall, most likely replaceing the
formerly ISA product from Microsoft.

All three TSM clients are configured with 'schedule mode = prompted'.
For some unkonwn reason the TSM server is not prompting the TSM clients
to start the backlup operations. However, when I'm restarting the TSM
CAD service the backup begins, but just this one. Later scheduled
backups do not start again as before. So it looks like only the TSM
client is able to start a session with the TSM server. We have applied
some 'inbound rules' aleady to the MS ForeFront configuration to allow
all traffic for the backup network, tcpip ports 1500-1599 and the whole
backup network as well without any success. We have also de-installed
the MS ForeFront software again to see is this is really causing the
problem. Without MS ForeFront, no problem.

Is there anybody out there, using this or a similar environemt who had
experienced the same problems or better is abel to provide a solution or
further debigging hints?

Thanks in advance and have nice weekend,

Rainer

RHo-Consulting

Rainer Holzinger

Bachstr. 10

D-93105 Tegernheim

phone:   +49 9403 969174

mobile:  +49 162 2807 888

email:     <mailto:RainerHolzinger AT gmx DOT de> RainerHolzinger AT gmx DOT de

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender IMMEDIATELY; you should
not copy the e-mail or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents
to any other person.

VIRUSES:

Although there have been taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any viruses, the recipient should at its sole
discretion take the necessary measures to ensure that the received
messages are actually virus free.