ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fastback client 2TB LUN limit

2010-12-08 14:42:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fastback client 2TB LUN limit
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:40:58 -0600
Hello All,

Thanks for your help!!

I have a client where we are implementing Fastback 6.1.1.0. They will use
it for their Exchange backups only. Their Exchange data s about 1TB total
but it is spread across 50 storage groups and 7 or so LUNS that are 2.7 and
2.8TB. The Fastback server aborts the snapshots on these volumes when they
occur.

I have opened a PMR and IBM Level 2 says that the abort is an action coded
into the software based on IC 64414

Has anyone encountered this? Has anyone conquered this?  Is there a work
around other than resizing the LUNS (client refuses to do so)?

Regards,

Nicholas