ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Database audit performance

2010-11-29 10:13:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Database audit performance
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:12:09 -0500
Eric,
This may not apply to your case, but in hopes that it does...  We had orphan
entries in our database that were confined to storage records.  I believe TSM
Support was able to discern that from the error messages we were seeing in the
Activity Log.  That allowed us to do the audit on the storage records only,
(auditdb diskstorage fix=yes)  and that ran much faster than a full audit.  In
addition, we  cleaned all data from the disk pools before starting the audit,
and that accelerated the audit by a factor of 10 to 1.

Best wishes,
Keith