ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VOLSER question

2010-11-29 09:28:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VOLSER question
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:27:10 -0600
Mehdi,

Since you say that you are using e-config, I'm assuming that you want
to create a config for new tapes with labels that you want to order.
If so, e-config wants the last digit of the starting label sequence
to be zero for multi-tape packs. So for example, if you wanted to
order a 20 tape pack, the labels would be something like 100020
through 100039. If you have a special need to start the sequence with
something other zero then you probably need to call your IBM rep or
business partner.

Thanks,
Rick