ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM5.5/AIX61 Performance Monitoring

2010-11-16 17:25:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM5.5/AIX61 Performance Monitoring
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:23:14 +0100
On 16 nov 2010, at 22:03, Shawn Drew wrote:

> Looking for some tips on performance monitoring.  I've been through the
> tuning guide, but I'm looking for
> monitoring CPU/Memory, HBA usage, disk/tape performance, etc.
>
> I'm wondering what are the favorite tools on this list.   From what I can
> gather nmon doesn't collect tape drive data, which is one of my major
> interests.

not exactly per drive but nmon command ^ gives you the stats of your HBAs. The
only thing that does better that that is the TSM server instrumentation (instr
begin, instr end f=<file>), but I wouldn't run that for very long periods of
time.

I think your options are limited to nmon and good old sar.

> I need to collect historical data for long term trends.  Does anyone know
> if you can keep topas output in single, periodic snapshots like nmon?

topas and nmon have merged... they are now one and the same.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl