ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disabling backup / archive activity

2010-11-08 21:30:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disabling backup / archive activity
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT BACKITUP DOT NU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 03:29:21 +0100
You can try by making the stgpools itself readonly. Backup will fail,
but restore is possible.
Make sure you migrate before making the tape stgpool readonly ;-)

maxnummp=0 will not help, then you can backup to disk, but can't
restore from tape.

- Update all primary stgpools to readonly
- backup stgpools
- Update all primary stgpools to readwrite for the stgpools in the "next"
- Migrate
- Update those stgpools to readonly again.
- Rest of what you want
- Update all stgpools to readwrite

Good Luck,
Maurice