ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP

2010-06-10 17:18:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:14:25 +0200
Hi Allen,

there are about 3 pages on NDMP in the TSM admin guide, and that's all there is
to it. I learned today that if you want TOCs, that you must have the same
language setting on the TSM server as on the filer.

When you map tape drives to your filer, and the EMC boys do their thing to
detect them, they become known as mt devices on those boxes. If you're lucky,
or they're good, they make sure that each tape drive has the same name on each
filer. Ow, btw, and a filer = a datamover.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl