ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP

2010-06-10 17:23:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Celerra NDMP
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:15:09 -0500
Hi Alan.
Chap 7 of the Admin Guide is the best doc I've found.

First off, are you going to send the data via TCP/IP and have it land in
a regular storage pool, or attach a tape drive directly to your Celerra
via your SAN?  You will find in Chap 7 that those are two very different
scenarios.

If the latter, then yes, you have to log into the Celerra and find out
what IT thinks its device name is, after you get the tape drive
attached.

If you are doing NDMP dumps across the SAN, all the TSM server is doing
is sending a "Go forth and run NDMP" command to the Celerra.  The
Celerra is doing everything else, so it has to know how to find the
drive.

If the doc doesn't help you, feel free to contact me directly, I'll try
to dredge up my notes.