ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archive backup set from location to another

2010-03-24 11:40:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archive backup set from location to another
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:37:00 -0400
On Mar 24, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

> David  Thanks, I know about the following, However is there another
> option to just back it up or archive it? anyway and just change the
> standard class.

If a file is changing as you are making a copy of it, your copy does not
represent a recoverable image.  If you are attempting a physical file backup of
a database consisting of multiple component files, the situation is even worse:
live databases have to be backed up in a logical manner to be recoverable.

   Richard Sims