ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] [Fwd: restoring directory from one unix box to another]

2010-02-17 09:33:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] [Fwd: restoring directory from one unix box to another]
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:31:55 -0500
On Feb 17, 2010, at 8:30 AM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

> Richard, Thanks
>
> ok.. I have tried several combinations still no luck.
>
> tsm> restore -fromnode=spvirt104 "/vjspiitint/" -subdir=yes /vjspiriint
> Restore function invoked.
>
> ANS1247I Waiting for files from the server...
> ANS1302E No objects on server match query
>
> tsm> restore -fromnode=spvirt104 "/njspiritint/*" -subdir=yes "/njspiitint/"
> Restore function invoked.
>
> ANS1247I Waiting for files from the server...
> ANS1302E No objects on server match query

Known causes of the ANS1302E messages are compiled in ADSM QuickFacts.

You are using -FROMNode.  You should probably also have -FROMUser.
And, of course, all this presumes that the owner of the files on that TSM node
has performed a SET Access to allow you to perform the given action.  If not,
then you are likely using the wrong procedure: see "Restore or retrieve files
to another workstation" in the client manual.

   Richard Sims