ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Large disk concerns/alternatives ?

2009-08-24 22:22:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Large disk concerns/alternatives ?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:21:52 -0400
Sumthin' wrong with those numbers.

If you have a GigE pipe, you should be able to send 70-80 MB/sec.  thats
400+ MB/min, 240+ GB per hour, 4+ TB in 24 hours.

So, either
- your clients are having performance issues with their own disks
- maybe you have compression or something else slowing down the client:?
- maybe your client NIC isn't really set to GigE
- You have a switch somewhere that is not pumping GigE...
- Your NIC on the TSM SERVER is maxed out

Or something like that.  I'd try some testing with FTP, to see where the
bottleneck is, before deciding this isn't feasible.