ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Large disk concerns/alternatives ?

2009-08-25 07:07:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Large disk concerns/alternatives ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:05:55 -0400
Always, always perform benchmark analysis of any new hardware,
software, or network units before committing their use to an
application such as TSM.  This is an essential element in the
acceptance phase of new acquisitions, to assure that they meet
advertised performance levels.  If the new stuff fails to measure up,
it should not be accepted for use, and if its problems cannot be
resolved, it should be returned to the vendor (per terms & conditioned
negotiated into the contract).  Too many sites put in new equipment,
start using it in a production manner, and then have no idea why it's
not working well, and cannot then perform isolated tests because it is
then integrated into the environment.

  Richard Sims  at Boston University