ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Identify HSM Migrated files on Windows

2009-08-11 15:08:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Identify HSM Migrated files on Windows
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal AT MSIINET DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:07:01 -0500
Hi, Bill.

Here are a few options to get a text list:

1)  Run a reconciliation - that should list all bad stubs in the
hsmmonitor-orphan.log.  You can then parse the hsmmonitor-orphan.log to
delete the stubs or simply exclude them from the copy.

2)  You might be able to get this information from the TSM DB:  select
hl_name, ll_name, whatever_else from archives where node_name= and
filespace_name= and fsid= and archive_date before
copygroup_fixed_date-365 days.  However, I haven't tried this and can't
confirm that HSM does HL_ and LL_ADDRESS like I would expect.

3)  If you're handy with scripting, you can do a "dir /s" and parse the
output for lines with "(" in them but not the string "File(s)".  The
file sizes of migrated files appears in parens.  You can get the
directory names by parsing for "Directory of".

4)  <facetious> I'm not too familiar with the search/restore option, but
if it has a "print" function, you can print it to a tiff file or
something and then do OCR on it.  </facetious>  Yuck. :-)

Alex Paschal
Storage Solutions Engineer
MSI Systems Integrators
(503) 943-6919 - Office