ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Identify HSM Migrated files on Windows

2009-08-10 12:25:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Identify HSM Migrated files on Windows
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:24:09 -0400
I need a way to get a list of files that have been migrated so I can exclude
them from being copied to a new server. The client is using Robocopy (don't
laugh!) and when it hits a migrated file the copy terminates. The problem is
that HSM was not setup correctly and the archive copygroup was left at
365-days and not change to Nolimit. So after a year all this migrated data
expired and is gone from the TSM server. They want to copy everything EXCEPT
for the stub files to a new server. Any ideas on how to get a list? Using
the search and restore option gets me a list, but I can't copy/paste from
that list.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill Boyer

"He who laughs last probably made a back-up." Murphy's law of computing