ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: SV: Building .deb out of .rpm client version 5.5.x

2009-04-06 06:36:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: SV: Building .deb out of .rpm client version 5.5.x
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:27:52 +0300
Christian, thanks for the explanations!

I followed the directions from the forum and it worked flawlessly.

Timo: I tried to follow the instructions from the Wiki site and I
couldn't get it working. I produced the debs, but wouldn't install:
root@XXXXX:/usr/local/src/Backup_client/5.5.1# dpkg -i TIVsm-API-5.5.1.deb
(Reading database ... 227408 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace tivsm-api 5.5.1 (using TIVsm-API-5.5.1.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement tivsm-api ...
dpkg: error processing TIVsm-API-5.5.1.deb (--install):
 package control info rmdir of `tivsm-api' didn't say not a dir:
Directory not empty
 TIVsm-API-5.5.1.deb

It could be that I didn't interpret the germal instructions properly.
--
Warm regards,
Michael Green