ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Create copies for long-term retention from backup versions already stored on the server

2008-11-13 15:39:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Create copies for long-term retention from backup versions already stored on the server
From: "Troy Allen Cross (YSU)" <tac AT YSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:38:20 -0500
ADSM-L,

Let me know if I'm on the right track.

I'm running a "export node node.name.ysu.edu filedata=all preview=yes" to
let me know how much will be backed up.

I assume that I need to run a "export node node.name.ysu.edu filedata=all
preview=no devclass=c3592" to actually create the sequential export of all
backup versions of files, all archived files, and all space-managed files. I
assume that "all backup versions" means active and inactive copies as well.

If this is correct, how long does the tapes created by the export node
command stay current? When do they expire?

Thanks, Troy