ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Create copies for long-term retention from backup versions already stored on the server

2008-11-13 19:48:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Create copies for long-term retention from backup versions already stored on the server
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:47:18 -0500
Export tapes are in a portable format.

The export tapes are tracked in the volume history file (look up QUERY
VOLHIST).
They can't be reused until you run a DELETE VOLHIST command.

However, exported data is in a format that can be re-imported into a server
(the same one or a different one).  So if you put that tape on a shelf, it
can always be reloaded, the data never "expires" as such.