ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] window OS, SP version and TSM client version

2008-10-04 13:57:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] window OS, SP version and TSM client version
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 12:57:01 -0500
.
In fact, using only the information that TSM captures, Windows Vista and
Windows Server 2008 will appear identical. They will both have:

 PLATFORM_NAME     WinNT
 CLIENT_OS_LEVEL   6.00

Fortunately, for the greatest reason I use this information, Vista and
2008 behave the same. That is, they both have toxic System States which
I exclude from backup via a client option set.

==== "If you knew as much as you think you know, You would realize =====
=== that you don't know what you thought you knew!" -- George Ankner ===