ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Again help on Microsoft Exchange error

2008-10-05 02:05:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Again help on Microsoft Exchange error
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:04:55 +0200

Hi to all

I again  got on my Exchange server this error:

ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESEBACKUPSETUP() failed with HRESULT: 0xc80001f9
-Backup is already active.

I remember that once I got it , I double check that nothing is running and to
be sure ask the administrator of this server to do a restart, but still get
this error

My version of the TDP for Exchange is 5.5.1.0 and my TSM client too.

Here the answer I once got from Del:

This means that the Exchange Server thinks that an

Exchange backup is already being run on that storage group.

That could mean one of two things:

  1. A backup is actually still running on that storage group.

     ...or...

  2. A previous backup has hung or prematurely ended.

If a previous backup has hung or prematurely ended,

the Exchange server is supposed to automatically detect

the situation and clear the status so that a new backup

can be started.

Del

Nothing is running and if a previous backup has hung why the exchange server
did not clear the status. !!!!

I am stuck  and out of ideas !!! Any help will be really appreciate

Thanks  , regards

Robert