ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Delete the last DBSnapshot

2008-08-05 14:20:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] Delete the last DBSnapshot
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:19:00 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I used to use database snapshots going to a file device class.  I no
longer need/want to run database snapshots, but I cannot seem to delete
the last one.  I also still run a database backup to tape, which I want to
keep.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of this database snapshot so
that I can delete the file system from the TSM server?

Thanks in advance!

Device Class Name
DBBFILE
Device Access Strategy
Sequential
Storage Pool Count
0
Device Type
FILE
Format
DRIVE
Est/Max Capacity
63G
Mount Limit
1
Mount Wait (min)
-
Mount Retention (min)
-
Label Prefix
-
Library
-
Directory
/tsmprod/db1backup

       Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
     Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
   Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: DBBFILE
     Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09322083.DBS
 Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
         Command:

       Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
     Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
   Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 2
    Device Class: DBBFILE
     Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09324917.DBS
 Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
         Command:

       Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
     Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
   Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 3
    Device Class: DBBFILE
     Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09327598.DBS
 Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
         Command:

       Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
     Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
   Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 4
    Device Class: DBBFILE
     Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09330898.DBS
 Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
         Command:

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com