ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Delete the last DBSnapshot

2008-08-05 14:30:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Delete the last DBSnapshot
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:28:46 -0400
Hi Shawn,

Does the force=yes only apply to TSM version 5.5?  I don't see that option
available for the delete volhist command.  This TSM server is only at
5.3.5.2, but will be upgraded shortly to a supported version.  Just let me
know either way and thanks for the syntax!!!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

"Shawn Drew" <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
08/05/2008 02:24 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Delete the last DBSnapshot

del volhist todate=today type=dbs force=yes

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
08/05/2008 02:19 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Delete the last DBSnapshot

Hi Everyone,

I used to use database snapshots going to a file device class.  I no
longer need/want to run database snapshots, but I cannot seem to delete
the last one.  I also still run a database backup to tape, which I want to
keep.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of this database snapshot so
that I can delete the file system from the TSM server?

Thanks in advance!

Device Class Name
DBBFILE
Device Access Strategy
Sequential
Storage Pool Count
0
Device Type
FILE
Format
DRIVE
Est/Max Capacity
63G
Mount Limit
1
Mount Wait (min)
-
Mount Retention (min)
-
Label Prefix
-
Library
-
Directory
/tsmprod/db1backup

Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 1
Device Class: DBBFILE
Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09322083.DBS
Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
Command:

Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 2
Device Class: DBBFILE
Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09324917.DBS
Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
Command:

Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 3
Device Class: DBBFILE
Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09327598.DBS
Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
Command:

Date/Time: 04/27/08 14:48:03
Volume Type: DBSNAPSHOT
Backup Series: 269
Backup Operation: 0
Volume Seq: 4
Device Class: DBBFILE
Volume Name: /tsmprod/db1backup/09330898.DBS
Volume Location: NOTMOUNTABLE
Command:

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or
partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that
certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas
RCC, Inc.