ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] deleting volumes with data on tapes

2008-03-30 22:14:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] deleting volumes with data on tapes
From: exclusiveright <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:12:51 -0400
Hi
I have 2 LTO2 tapes I need to transfer the data from.  This storage pool is set
up as a secondary pool so I can't just do a move data on it.

If I just delete the volume and discard the data will TSM know that the data
needs to be rebacked up or do I need to manaully backup the data again before I
delete the volume.

OR  is there another option I haven't thought of?

Thanks