ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copy mode = Absolute

2008-03-19 04:41:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copy mode = Absolute
From: Marco Bezuidenhout <Marco.Bezuidenhout AT T-SYSTEMS.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:39:11 +0200
Hi

There will be no tape devices available for the first DR test. So a
temporary disk subsystem has been allocated to us for restores at the DR
site. So we need to get all data on this disk and we have to be sure
that all the data are available.
We are at this point thinking about backing up to tape and then copying
the data to the disk storage pool and maybe afterwards to another tape
copy pool. That way the backups will be available onsite and at the DR
site.

Hope this clears up things.

Regards

Marco Bezuidenhout