ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Copy mode = Absolute

2008-03-18 09:24:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] Copy mode = Absolute
From: Marco Bezuidenhout <Marco.Bezuidenhout AT T-SYSTEMS.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:03:12 +0200
Hi All

We have been asked to do full backups this coming weekend to a different
storage pool than normal. The data will then also be copied to a
separate copy storage pool. This copied storage pool will be taken to an
offsite location for restores. They are doing this so the first restores
will be fast. Afterwards the normal primary and copy pools will be used.

Would using copy mode absolute be sufficient so that all required data
be available for restores?

Has anyone ever done ABSOLUTE backups for restores? Does anyone know of
any gotcha's we should look out for? Should we rather use archives?

Regards

Marco Bezuidenhout

This message and/or attachment(s) may contain privileged or confidential

information. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or

distribute any of the information contained within this message. In such
case you must destroy this message and inform the sender of the error.
T-Systems does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, information
and viruses contained in the transmission of this message. Any opinions,
conclusions and other information contained within this message not related
to T-Systems' official business is deemed to be that of the individual only
and is not endorsed by T-Systems.

T-Systems - Business Flexibility