ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Support w2k

2008-03-14 11:24:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Support w2k
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:21:46 -0400
Hasn't Microsoft ended support for Windows 2000 a few years ago anyway?

Shawn Drew
Data Protection Engineer
Core IT Production
BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.

Internet
storman AT US.IBM DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
03/14/2008 11:02 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Support w2k

Version 5.4 and higher client code does NOT support Windows 2000 and
should not be installed or used on that OS level. 5.3-based code must be
used.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2008-03-14
07:53:42:

> From what I have read in the Client readmes and other places the
> last client to support W2K Server was 5.4.x.  I haven't seen any
> notices until the 5.5 client that W2K was not supported.
>
> See Ya'
> Howard

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.