ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade 5.2.3 to 5.5 directly

2008-03-05 09:32:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade 5.2.3 to 5.5 directly
From: "Schneider, John" <John.Schneider AT MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:31:25 -0600
If it isn't too late to chime in on this, we found that on Windows we
DID have to do issue and "dsmserv upgradedb" after installing the code.
This is no big deal, if you try to start the service in the foreground
it will give you an error message telling you that you need to do it.

It has become a habit of mine, on any major upgrade of the TSM server,
to start the TSM server in the foreground first and watch for unusual
messages.  Then if everything comes up fine, halt it and start it again
in the background.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Lead Systems Administrator - Storage