ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup of MySQLDB

2008-02-14 10:44:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup of MySQLDB
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:43:41 -0500
>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:06:24 -0500, Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
>> said:

> I'm disappointed with a lack of a real TSM MySQL client; I think the
> arguments that MySQL is a mediocre database are long in the tooth,
> and there are a lot of real commercial operations that are backed by
> MySQL.

As a long time MySQL detractor, I'll agree that it's grown up.
Subselects were a big deal to me. :)

But I don't think it's an IBM judgement that MySQL isn't a real DB,
but instead one that most MySQL users won't pony up for an agent, so
why bother?  Especially when most MySQL databases are small enough to
dump.

The market is really hard to estimate, and thus justify coder time.

- Allen S. Rout