ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Novell client 5.5 upgrade

2008-02-08 10:31:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Novell client 5.5 upgrade
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:31:17 -0500
Hello All,

I am planning to start upgrading our TSM Novell clients next week from
5.3.4 to 5.5.0 and would like to know if anyone has upgraded to the
Novell 5.5.0 yet? if so has there been any or problems?

two more questions

1) During previous upgrades uninstalling the client was not necessary
and there were no issues but someone informed me that I should uninstall
the 5.3.4 client. I have not read this on any documents or manuals. Has
anyone read this anywhere?

2) The last time we upgraded we had a issue with extracting the files to
the right directorie(s) I remember  install not finding the files anyone
ever experience this before?

The configurations are below

TSM SERVER 5.3.4
AIX 5.3
Novell Servers are at Netware 6.5 SP6
1 Novell Netware Server is at SP7

Thanks for Any Help, suggestions or comments in Advance!