ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Novell client 5.5 upgrade

2008-02-08 10:56:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Novell client 5.5 upgrade
From: "Kinder, Kevin P" <Kevin.P.Kinder AT WV DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:55:48 -0500
Tim,

We have had major, and I do mean major, problems with our upgrade, but
ours involved going to TSM server 5.5.0.0. IBM itself has been unable to
determine whether our problems are due to upgrading the server,
upgrading the clients, a combination of both, or the phase of the moon
when doing the upgrade.

I have detailed this problem in recent posts, but will be glad to share
more info with you offline. IBM's respose to my multiple PMRs on the
upgrade issues has ranged from average to pathetic, so I would strongly
urge you to do this on just one NetWare client, and one that you can
afford to lose, as you move into the 5.5 world.

Kevin Kinder
State of West Virginia