ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM ACSLS STK checkin tapes

2008-02-01 11:01:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM ACSLS STK checkin tapes
From: Gerald Michalak <gmichala AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:00:33 -0600

I created this script executed via cron at least 2 hours after they are
supposed to load the tapes.

#!/bin/ksh
## set -x

#       GET THE TAPES THAT TSM KNOWS ARE IN LIBRARY
#
dsmadmc -id=reports -pass=xxxxxxxx -se=librmgr "query libv " > libv.1
grep STK_LIB libv.1 | cut -c18-23 | sort > libv.2

#       GET THE TAPES THAT ARE IN THE LIBRARY
#       our volume labels are Exxxxx
#
/usr/tivoli/tsm/devices/bin/lbtest -f /adsm_restore/libvol.in -o acsls.1
grep VOL=E acsls.1 | cut -c5-10 | sort > acsls.2

#       SEE IF WHAT WE'RE EXPECTING IS IN THE LIBRARY
#
join -v 2 libv.2 acsls.2 > scr.1

#       IF WE FOUND SOME, THEN CREATE COMMANDS TO CHECK THEM IN
#       scr.1 contains the tapes TSM doesn't know about
#
if [[ -s scr.1 ]]
then
        dsmadmc -id=reports -pass=xxxxxxxx -se=librmgr "checkin libv
stk_lib search=yes status=scratch checkl=no
vollist=file:/adsm_restore/scr.1 "

fi

exit 0

Note that I have 4 TSM servers sharing this library hence the
"-se=librmgr".

Good Luck,

Gerald Michalak
gmichala AT us.ibm DOT com
TSM - Certified V5 Administrator

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/01/2008
05:06:04 AM: